THE SJDEFI (COLLEGE) RESEARCH AGENDA
VISION – MISSION
Guided by the SJDEFI Vision–Mission, it is envisioned that the academic community be engaged in innovative researches through the core values as instruments to achieve quality transformation.
- To promote research culture among the academic community.
- To develop research skills through seminar-workshops and actual research work.
- To present and publish quality research outputs.
- To implement research recommendations to enhance quality education.
- To develop capacity to collaborate with government and non – government linkages in the community.
THE RESEARCH AGENDA:
- VALUE INNOVATIVE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- A study on the relevance and effectiveness of the different programs and services offered by SJDEFI.
- A study on the sustainability and competitiveness of the different programs of the institution.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the Curricular offerings of the institution.
- The impact of the EOP Programs namely Strategic Alliance Building (SAB), Value Innovative Programs (VIPs), Vincentian Formation Towards Empowering Partnership (VFTEP), Alternative Transformative Learning System (ATLS) and Reconfiguration on the operations of the academic community.
- Graduate tracer studies
- LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH VINCENTIAN FORMATION
- Empowering the academic community through actual involvement in various activities of the College.
- A collaborative study on the commitment of the academic community on the Core Values of the institution.
- Study on the qualities of Vincentian leaders.
- COMMITMENT TO VINCENTIAN EXCELLENCE
- A study on admission and retention policy of the institution.
- Study on the relevance of the G.E. subjects to professional Curriculum.
- A comparative study on the academic performance, pre-board examination results and licensure examinations.
- An Assessment of the effectiveness of Activity – Based Learning in the different areas/discipline.
- Attributes of Vincentian graduates
- CO–RESPONSIBILITY AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT
- The effectiveness and the sustainability of the CES programs and projects in the SJDEFI adopted communities.
- Level of awareness and involvement of the academic community with the D.C. Provincial Priorities:
- Alleviation of Poverty and Hunger/Poverty Reduction
- Environmental Sustainability
- Primary Education
- Ministry to Migrants and their families and Persons living with HIV-AIDS
- Study on the determinants of inner – directedness of the academic Community on the domestic, local, national, global as well as environmental issues.
- A case study on the advocacy for persons who are poor
- EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
- A study on the performance appraisal of the personnel.
- A review of the Salary Standardization scheme and incentive systems for the personnel.
- Efficiency and effectiveness study of socialized and discounted tuition fees for the TESDA Short term courses.
- A study on the efficiency and effectiveness of the cost cutting measures of the institution.