Learning Resource Center (LRC)
It is the support arm of the research and instructional programs of the different academic departments. It provides relevant, balance and adequate collection of print, non-print materials and electronic resources. The use of the LRC resources and facilities is subject to certain library privileges, rules and regulations. The LRC provides handbook to the students and other users as guide.
The LRC also houses and stores all state–of–the–art equipment of the College such as LCD, overhead projectors, laptop, video cds, television set and others, all being made available for use of the students and the entire academic community for classroom teaching, and other institutional activities.
The Learning Resource Center consisting of the following:
2.1.1. Resource Section
The Main Library houses different books arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme and arrange according to the different programs of the college. It circulates different collections of books that are written by foreign authors; Filipiniana and Rizaliana materials that deal with Philippine setting and about our national hero and his writings; fiction books includes novels, stories or narratives used for recreational reading; reserved/in-deemed books, books that are pulled-out from their shelves and placed in the circulation counter; and desk books, books that are labeled “For Library Use Only” which are not allowed to be taken out except for the provisions stated in the Rules and Regulations.
2.1.2. Multi Media Resource Center (MMC)
The MMC is a library facility for serving the electronic information requirement of the college’s stakeholders. It is a service facility that aims to exhaust possible avenues to make learning experiences meaningful to every student, offer available sources of information in the fastest time possible through the internet, provide electronic journal and e-book databases, augment the print collection of the library and add initiative for the technological advancement of the stakeholders.
2.1.3. Discussion Room
The extension of the existing LRC in response to a need for a place for study to discuss group’s research and findings or any assignments given by the professor related to library resources. It consists of three (3) rooms named St. John of God (SJG) and St Vincent de Paul (SVP) can accommodate 4-6 persons; and St. Louise de Marillac (SLM), the biggest room that can accommodate 10-12 persons.
The following are rules and regulations inside the Main Library
- The library opens Monday to Saturday, from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm (TO BE DECIDED BY LIBRARY)
- All students are required to register upon entering the library.
- Courtesy and respect to all must be observed at all times.
- Responsibility and care must be extended in the use of library resources.
- Regular overnight load starts at 3:00 pm until 9:00 am the next class day, except students who are on duty schedules.
- A maximum of three (3) books in the different subject areas can be borrowed at one time.
- A fine of PhP 1.00 per hour is charged to overdue books.
- Lost and damaged book must be reported immediately. It has to be replaced with the same book or paid for with the current price.
- Books labeled “FOR LIBRARY USE ONLY” is strictly for room use only except for urgent need. There resources can be borrowed from 6:00-6:30 pm and must be returned on the following class day not later than 7:00 pm. Penalty for this violation is suspension of library privileges.
- Students are required to be in their official uniform with school ID when entering the library, otherwise there should be proper communication from authorized office/department to be accommodated.
- Bags and other things should be deposited at the lockers provided for the library users.
- The use of any electronic gadgets should be requested and permitted by the library personnel. Charging of laptop or cellphone is discouraged inside the library.
- Solid food and flavored beverages are not allowed.
The following are the guidelines in the use of ERC for students:
- The ERC is available for the use of SJDEFI employees and to students who are officially enrolled during the term/period. However, it will only be open for students who have reservation.
- The ERC is open for general use from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm only, or when necessary.
- “One Is To One” policy must be observed. This means that only one student can use the computer at any given time.
- The student must apply for the Registration Record from the library staff.
- The use of the computer maybe reserved one (1) hour before use.
- The minimum time of use of reserved computer unit will be from 1 hours to a maximum of 2 hours only.
- Reservation not attended to within 15 minutes will be cancelled.
- Strictly no online games are allowed.
The rules and regulations are followed inside the Periodical and Audio-Visual Center:
- It opens Monday andSaturday, from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm (TO BE DECIDED BY LIBRARY)
- All students are required to register upon entering the premises.
- Courtesy and respect to all must be observed at all times.
- Responsibility and care must be extended in the use of serials and audio-visual resources.
- Materials in this section are “FOR ROOM USE ONLY” especially the Thesis collection.
- Any malfunction/damaged observed in the use of the AV equipment must be reported immediately to address the problem and to be free from accountability.
- Everyone is encouraged to fill-out-out the request form for the use of AV equipment.
- Notify the cancelation of any request ahead of time personally or through phone.
- Movie preview and examining of powerpoint presentation to be used in teaching or reports can be done at the ERC with proper coordination with the AV staff.
- Students are required to be in their official uniform with school ID during weekdays when entering the ERC, otherwise there should be proper communication from authorized office.
- Bags and other things should be deposited at the locker provided for the library users.
- The use of electronic gadgets should be requested and permitted by the library personnel. Charging of laptop or cellphone is discouraged inside the campus.
- Solid food and beverages are not allowed.
For this purposes, students are expected to observe the following measures to enjoy and maximize the use of Discussion Room:
- It is free for all students who are officially enrolled during the term/period.
- Observe the capacity of the different rooms, such as SJG and SVP can accommodate a maximum of 6 students; while SLM, maximum of 12 persons at one time.
- It may be reserved one (1) day before use. However, those who want to be assured of a room may make earlier reservations.
- The minimum time of reservation will be 1 hours to 2 hours only.
- No extension beyond the requested period.
- No repeat usage within a day.
- Reservation not attended to within 30 minutes will be cancelled.